Avoid Eviction with a Rent Accommodation Request Letter

Posted on

Do you need to request an accommodation to avoid eviction? Our Unpaid Rent Accommodation Request Tool can help.

Are You Behind On Rent?

If you have unpaid rent, past due rent, or late rent, our accommodation request letter can help you avoid eviction after losing a job because of COVID-19.

  • Is there a COVID-19 related reason you or someone in your house cannot work and are now facing eviction or a housing crisis?
  • Have you lost income and have unpaid rent, past due rent, or late rent because of COVID-19?
  • Is losing income and facing eviction making you or a family member’s mental health worse?

You can use our Unpaid Rent Accommodation Request Tool to create a request to ask for more time to pay rent, delay or avoid eviction, or even forgive past rent. This could apply if you or someone in the house has lost a job because of COVID-19, lost income because of COVID-19, or if losing a job or income is making someone in the household’s mental health worse.

The Unpaid Rent Accommodation Request Tool lets people use the protections of federal civil rights laws to ask for more time.

Create Your Accommodation Request

If you would like to request an accommodation to avoid eviction due to unpaid rent, you can use our Unpaid Rent Accommodation Request Tool.

With the tool, you fill out a short form that asks for information about you, your landlord, and your circumstances. The information you give is added to a formatted letter that you download or print and submit to your landlord.

To get started with your request, click the button below.


Create your unpaid rent accommodation request letter


Publication Code: HS15

Disability Rights Texas logo

Statewide Intake: 1-800-252-9108
Sign Language Video Phone: 1-866-362-2851
Purple 2 Video Phone: 512-271-9391
Online Intake available 24/7: intake.DRTx.org

Disclaimer: Disability Rights Texas strives to update its materials on an annual basis, and this handout is based upon the law at the time it was written. The law changes frequently and is subject to various interpretations by different courts. Future changes in the law may make some information in this handout inaccurate.

The handout is not intended to and does not replace an attorney’s advice or assistance based on your particular situation.

To request this handout in ASL, Braille, or as an audio file, contact us.

Print This Page