How to Apply for Services
Table of Contents
Who Should Apply
Texas residents experiencing disability discrimination or having problems getting disability services can apply for our legal services. We only handle certain legal issues related to disability. Learn more about how we decide what cases we take.
Please note: If you need help getting the COVID-19 vaccine, try our COVID-19 Vaccine Hotline.
To apply for our services, you go through our intake process. The information below covers the three intake options – online, phone, and sign language phone. Before you get started, you can learn about what to expect during the intake process.
You can use our online intake form anytime of the day, any day of the week, to begin the intake process.
You can call our statewide intake phone line number at 1-800-252-9108 to get started with intake. The phone line is open Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Central Time. If you call and eventually get to a voice mailbox, please leave a message and your call will be returned in the order it was received. Below is a preview of the options callers will hear when calling our the phone line.
- Call 1-800-252-9108, then press 1 for English or 2 for Spanish
- Press 1 if you are calling from a psychiatric hospital, state supported living center, or a jail; or if you have questions or concerns about mental health services or abuse. Otherwise, remain on the line.
- Listen to the general information about our services.
- Then listen and select one of the the following options:
- Press 1 if you are calling from a psychiatric hospital, state supported living center, or a jail OR if you have concerns about mental health services or abuse.
- Press 2 for special education or 504 services
- Press 3 for adult or children’s Medicaid, healthcare, community services, or alternatives to guardianship.
- Press 4 for employment, voting, or ADA violations.
- Press 5 for housing, transportation, or disaster preparedness and response.
- Press 6 for vocational rehabilitation (CAP) or social security benefits planning (PABSS).
- Press 7 for all other issues not mentioned.
Sign Language Video Phone
You can call one of the two sign language video intake phone lines listed below to begin the intake process. These phone lines are open Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Central Time.
- Sign Language Video Phone: 1-866-362-2851
- Purple 2 Video Phone: 512-271-9391
Requesting an Accommodation
If the intake options listed above aren’t accessible for you, you can request an accommodation for an alternative way to apply for services by emailing email@example.com. (We will only accept requests related to accommodations for intake at this email address.)