We advocate for the full inclusion of people with disabilities by promoting comprehensive, quality community-based services as an alternative to institutionalization.
The resources on this page can help you learn about your rights and how to advocate for what you or your family needs.
If you need legal assistance because your right to live in the community is being violated, please see our How to Apply for Services page.
Texas Medicaid Waiver Comparison Chart
This easy-to-use chart shows what services are provided by the various Texas Medicaid waiver programs, which includes STAR+PLUS, CLASS, HCS, DBMD, TxHML, MDCP, and YES. Continue reading “Texas Medicaid Waiver Comparison Chart”
Using Supports and Services as an Alternative to Guardianship
This handout reviews the continuum of guardianship, highlighting supports and services and alternatives to guardianship like supported decision-making. Continue reading “Using Supports and Services as an Alternative to Guardianship”
Texas Home and Community-Based Supports and Services
Learn about the many home and community-based supports and services available in Texas. Continue reading “Texas Home and Community-Based Supports and Services”
Ending Discrimination in Housing: Fair Housing Laws
Learn about the Fair Housing Act, requirements for new and existing housing, how to file a complaint if you think if you’ve been discriminated against, and more. Continue reading “Ending Discrimination in Housing: Fair Housing Laws”
- Are You Waiting on a Waiver?
The Arc of Texas is collecting personal stories from people who are on the Texas Medicaid Waiver Interest List.
- Video: An Overview of ABLE Accounts
- Assisted Living Facility Resident’s Bill of Rights
- Community First Choice
- Community Living Options Booklets
- Consumer Directed Services Option
- HHS - Complaint & Incident Intake
- Establishing a Trust
- HHS Ombudsman - Complaint Process
- Finding a Long Term Care Provider in Texas
- Guardianship Provider Handbook from Texas Health and Human Services
- FAQs: Section 504 and Housing
- STAR Kids
- Texas ABLE Saving Accounts for People with Disabilities
- Texas Promoting Independence Plan
- Your Rights in Local Authority Services
- Your Rights When Receiving Services and Supports
- DRTx Statement: Texans with disabilities have the right to live safely and receive quality care in the community
- Workforce Crisis Puts Essential Services for Texans with Disabilities in Jeopardy
- Disability in the Time of COVID-19: Unheard Voices, Unseen Struggles—and Unknown Rights
- How Two Women Changed Thousands of Lives
- Lawsuit Eight Years in the Making Goes to Trial
- DRTx Attorneys Wrap Up Class Action Trial