Table of Contents
Various plain language resources are available to help you learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine. The resources listed below are easy to read and understand.
The comicbook character Izzy goes through the process of getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Izzy’s story starts with her learning from her doctor why the vaccine is important. At the end of her story, Izzy has received the vaccine and can safely see her friends again.
Following Izzy’s journey will help you understand what it’s like to get a vaccine. Her story is available in three different formats.
- Comicbook: The COVID-19 vaccine comicbook uses drawings and words to tell Izzy’s story.
- Workbook: The COVID-19 vaccine workbook is something you can write in to help you prepare for getting a vaccine. The workbook is just like the comicbook, excpept it also has fill-in-the-blanks and multiple choice options.
- Video: The COVID-19 vaccine video is a video version of Izzy’s story.
Izzy’s story is provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
A booklet about the COVID-19 vaccine was created by people with disabilities, for people with disabilities. The booklet uses photos and large text to cover what you need to know about the vaccine. In the booklet, you’ll learn about things like what a vaccine is and talking to your doctor. It also says what to do if your rights have been violated when trying to get a vaccine.
The booklet is provided by the Self Advocacy Resource and Technical Assistance Center.
There are many text-only resources available about the COVID-19 vaccine. These easy to read resources use short words and sentences to help you understand more about the vaccine. Below are links to some of the resources.
- COVID-19 Vaccines are Important
- People with Disabilities and COVID-19
- Stay Safer Getting Your COVID-19 Vaccine
These text-only resources are provided by the CDC. Additional text-only COVID-19 resources are also available from the CDC.
Do you still have questions about the COVID-19 vaccine? If you do, our Vaccine Access Navigators are here to help. You can connect with our navigators in the following ways:
- Call 1-800-880-8401 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Central Time
- Send an email to vaccine@DRTx.org
Additional Vaccine Resources
For more information about vaccines, check out our other resources:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Resources for People with Disabilities in Texas
- COVID-19 Vaccines and Employment
- COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
Publication Code: HC21
Disclaimer: Disability Rights Texas strives to update its materials on an annual basis, and this handout is based upon the law at the time it was written. The law changes frequently and is subject to various interpretations by different courts. Future changes in the law may make some information in this handout inaccurate.
The handout is not intended to and does not replace an attorney’s advice or assistance based on your particular situation.
To request this handout in ASL, Braille, or as an audio file, contact us.Print This Page