Changing Your Guardianship Without a Lawyer

Posted on

To request this publication in ASL, Braille, or as an audio file, contact us.

Guardianship can be difficult to understand. It is better to find a lawyer to help you if you want to change your guardianship. Yet, certain changes to your guardianship do not need the help of a lawyer. This guide provides general information about what you can do to change your guardianship without a lawyer. Specifically, you learn about asking for a successor guardian or guardianship restoration, modification, and removal in Texas. If you need specific legal advice about your case, you should consult a lawyer.


Last updated: May 17, 2021
Publication Code: IR20

Disclaimer: Disability Rights Texas strives to update its materials on an annual basis, and this publication is based upon the law at the time it was written. The law changes frequently and is subject to various interpretations by different courts. Future changes in the law may make some information in this publication inaccurate.

The publication is not intended to and does not replace an attorney’s advice or assistance based on your particular situation.

Attached documents